Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Best quote I've seen, maybe ever

From the Nationals Journal, where my man Chico (the Writer) is determined to go out strong. He had an excellent story in today's fishwrap and had this outstanding tidbit in his online report on The Phenom's first workout of the spring.

Seems Mr. Strasburg has picked up the nickname "Jesus." Probably offends some but I love it and here's why (this is the part I lifted):

Why Jesus? "'Cause what's the first thing you say when you see him pitch?" centerfielder Nyjer Morgan said, excited just to answer his own question. "Jeee-sus!"

So now Morgan brings his speed to the offense AND the defense AND he's the best quote on the team.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Jeeee-sus pitch.

10 comments:

An Briosca Mor said...

We already knew Morgan was the best quote on the team. Tony Plush, man. What else would you expect?

MikeHarris said...

He's raised the level of his game. He's off to a great start this spring.

An Briosca Mor said...

The last time we had a pitcher called Jesus, Bowden was praying for his buttocks and his family. I think this is an improvement, no?

MikeHarris said...

Damn you. I'd put that abcess out of my mind. Now I'm sure to have nightmares again.
Wasn't he the one who gave up that long home run to the great Brooks Conrad?
I suspect the current Jesus will be handle the likes of ol' Brooks.

Anonymous said...

If the name sticks, does he have to pay Flores for it?
--Sec. 3, My Sofa

Anonymous said...

That's a good quote but far from the best ever. Off the top of my head I'd go with "Peter Angelos can suck it and like it".

PowerBoater

Anonymous said...

I'd have to Google the exact quote from Frank Robinson during the Angels series that got nasty way back when: "I don't get intimidated, I'm the intimidator."

PB

Anonymous said...

Mark Lerner: "We will not take a profit from this team for ten years."

Stan Kasten: "I'm going to be visiting all of the embassies in an effort to bring in foreign talent." -- (far from an exact quote)

PB

DoubleH said...

Just convinced the wife that a day trip to Viera on the way home from Disney next week would be good for the kids. From here on out, I'll be thinking of it as a "Come to Jesus" meeting.

Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to let you know about this raffle that is going on by Rosie O'Donnell and CFC to benefit Rosie's Broadway Kids Charity and CFC. Rosie is raffling off a Luxury Suite on April 3, 2010 for a Nationals preseason game against the Boston Red Sox. The suite has 19 seats and includes In-Suite food and beverages for the winner and guests. The raffle tickets are only $2 with a minimum purchase of 5 tickets. You can get your tickets at !