Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, December 11, 2009

Still waiting

The e-mail said today's press conference would be on MASN at 1 p.m., but the Washington Times update later noted it had been moved back to 2 p.m.
It's 2:15 and I'm watching "lowlights" of Steelers-Browns.
Holdups happen but they also always make me curious.
Do we have a problem? Did the physical not go as expected? Did Pudge read the fine print and say, "Who is this Flores and what do you mean backup?"
I suspect all is well but idle time lets my mind run amok.
Plus, anything is better than watching Steelers-Browns a day later.
When did the Steelers become the Redskins?
Where is Pudge??


MORE scenarios as we continue to wait:

PUDGE: What do you mean, the Nationals? I thought you said the Yankees?
BORAS: No, no, I said a team that beat the Yankees. Might have said "a team that beat' real low

Lost on the subway?

The city changed the locks and they can't get in the press room?

Why am I still looking at Brian Kelly here? Ugh. At least it isn't Steelers-Browns.

They stopped at Five Guys for lunch and the line was long?

They dropped by to see Barack first and lost track of time?

OK, I'll shut up now. It's 2:42 p.m. and the PC has started. It's "another benchmark moment for the Nationals franchise" we're told. I'll have more later. There's one question I'm eager to hear asked.

QUICK UPDATE - It sure doesn't sound like he's expecting to be a backup. It sure sounds like he's said "everyday basis" a few times.

No comments: