Find Lots of Great Coverage Here


Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Livo

My daughter got me a Sudoku Page-A-Day calendar for Christmas and it allows me to have free access to another calendar online. So I chose the Sports Fact A Day calendar. It also includes birthdays and it informed me via e-mail that today is Livan Hernandez' birthday.

Born in 1975, which makes him 35.

Two questions:

*Anyone believe that?

*Is he worth a low-salary, incentive-laden contract to tide the Nats over until the injured and the phenom are ready?

I can't answer objectively. Any pitcher who looks like me and is in my age bracket is aces.


natsfan1a said...

Riiight, was my first thought on reading his age data. So, "no" to the first question. :-D

I've always had a soft spot for Livo, so I can't answer the second objectively, either.

But happy b'day, Livo!

Gus said...

I can't be objective here either. He looks exactly like one of my mates, so I like him.

Craig said...

Love Livan. Bring him back.

Sasskuash said...

If they bring him back, make it a Minor League deal with a ST invite (even though ST has already started). Don't guarantee him a spot that could go to a better pitcher. Remember, even though Nats fans like him for nostalgia's sake, there are plenty of better pitchers even in our own camp.