Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, January 16, 2009

MY odds and ends!

Apologies to my friends at We've Got Heart for ripping off their thread title. Been a while since I have been able to post and I just have a few short things to yabber about tonight.

*Don't tell my wife. Just bought a High Def TV that my son swears was too good a deal to resist. Should be here next week and he says when I see a Nats game on a 46-inch HD it will be BETTER than actually going to the park. Beer cheaper, colder. Bathroom closer. NO long drive home afterward. Should have thought of all that before I renewed my tickets. The TV was cheaper.

*I wake up every morning hoping for some news. Real news. Olsen/Willingham level news or higher please. I'm disappointed very early in the day.

*The less said about the latest Dukes mess the better. Someone posted on NJ in the comments section that the Nats ought to work out a long-term deal now that will look great to him in his current situation and let them get off cheap. I admit I laughed but it actually isn't a bad idea. Of course, lawyers would get their hands on a chunk of that money, too. I've come around on Dukes as a player and I'm really trying to get comfortable with him as a person but I still fear there's always going to be something with him.

*Someone tell me why I should, or shouldn't, attend this NatsFest thing. The caravan stops at a joint not far from my office. My wife and I went two years ago when I was still sports editor so I could try and get a clue on interest in the Nats in this area. The line was out the door of the restaurant the entire time the Nats were there.

*Does Chesley Sullenberger need a wheelbarrow to haul those things around or what? I'm not at all confident I have the stones to pull off something like that. I'm reasonably certain I don't. Oh, we'll just put this bird down in the river here, no worries. I immediately decided I want this guy as the Nats' next GM. Today would be good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem on the title :)

Come to Nats Fest for the Clubhouse Tour and the talk with George Will, at minimum.

You also might get to see FJB challenge the real JB, which is always a treat :)

An Briosca Mor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MikeHarris said...

I'm in for my share.