Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, January 23, 2009

What he said, revisited

Thomas Boswell was always about 1,000 times the writer I was and that hasn't changed. Check out his latest if you haven't already and see if you don't agree with him.

I do.

Good start to the offseason with the Olsen/Willingham deal (first reported by yours truly, I just had to work that in again).

Nothing since.

Give us a real big sign that you're still working to make this 102-loss outfit better. Give it to us soon. I already re-upped my tickets. I hope I don't regret that.

Get Dunn done. Get Zimmerman done. OK, I'll shut up now. Boswell said it all better than I could.

4 comments:

An Briosca Mor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MikeHarris said...

If you went to Tech in the 70s (I was at VCU then), you better have my book (shameless plug):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1596700041/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

As for Boswell, yeah, he's not what he used to be but he can still bring it and I think he did here. Sheinin is as good as there is anywhere.

An Briosca Mor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Boswell is losing it, as his Saturday column demonstrates. It's not just that he's foaming at the mouth himself, but that he's misleading a public that needs to be better informed about baseball than Boswell seems to want to do. (And, judging from some of the comments to his column, turning loose a few anti-Semites in the bargain, not that that crowd has ever been far in the background.)

Please, Post: Offer Boswell an early retirement, and buy out Sheinin's arb years.