Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Thursday, December 18, 2008

If This is True

enjoy Boston, Mr. Teixeira.
From the latest Nationals Journal:

Sox Closing In On Teixeira?
Reports out of Boston right now indicate that the Red Sox are trying to put all the Teixeira negotiations to rest, perhaps wrapping up a deal by tonight or Friday morning.

According to WCVB-TV in Boston, the Red Sox top management -- including owner John Henry and General Manager Theo Epstein -- has traveled to Texas to meet with Boras in an attempt to work out a deal. According to the television station, the Red Sox were ready to offer an eight-year, $184-million contract.



8/184 is too high, at least in my feeble mind. I did want the Nats to go 8/180, which is probably too high as well.
You have to draw a line somewhere. For me, the line is 180.
I'll root for the Rays harder next year than I did this year, not that I'm bitter or anything.

Dunn? Hudson? What else can the Nats get for 180? A pitcher, too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://wbztv.com/sports/redsox/mark.teixeira.boston.2.890739.html

This article (dated 10:53 pm) suggests that the Red Sox are now out.

My heart is beating again, but I don't know how much more of this I can take :)

MikeHarris said...

So is it the Nats or the Angels who have come in with this higher offer.
Man alive, jiminy Christmas and all that.
Could this really happen?