Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, August 27, 2010

We'll Know Soon

UPDATE - Sadly, I'm not wrong. DAMN. Signifcant tear, Rizzo says. TJ surgery likely. DAMN. DAMN.


The conference call is at 10:30, just around the corner. I'm sure there are a million reasons to do it this way rather than just wait until everybody gets to the park, but I can't think of one that doesn't involve bad news.

I'm a pessimist by nature and I'd love to be wrong here. But I suspect we're going to hear the dreaded words "Dr. Andrews" on this call and not in a "he doesn't need to go see Dr. Andrews" kind of way.

If it's good news, no need to do it away from the park. If it is bad news, get the "WHAM" aspect out of the way early, although the ballpark scene will still be a zoo as my media buddies scramble to get reaction.

If it's THE bad news, we can take heart in knowing TJ surgery isn't the death sentence many used to think. Tim Hudson. Chris Carpenter. Josh Johnson. Jordan Zimmermann. I could go on and on and on and on.

It's just a lost year but there's no reason to think a pitcher can't come back and be just as good. The Nats won't be champions until 2012 anyway, right?

Ain't working. My stomach still hurts. Who wants to lose a year of this kid? No one.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe - please please please - I'm wrong.

We'll know soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike - time to change the poll.