Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Monday, February 23, 2009

Time To Play - Pick The Date!

This latest JimBow mess is all over the Interwebs and numerous sites do a much better job 'splaining things than I ever could. In short, our man appears to be in a whole heap o' trouble.

So let's play a game. Two dates: When he pulls a "Rijo" and goes away for a while and when he's dismissed.

Since it is my blog, I go first. Wednesday, he's outta there for a while. He doesn't want to be a distraction. I'll take April 22 for the bye-bye announcement.

Given the timing, I'm sure Rizzo will get promoted. I'm sure he's a great guy and he may well be qualified. But I fear he'll make Washington the Land of the Former D-Backs like JimBow made it the Land of the Former Reds. I'd love to see a fresh face, a fresh approach.

Winner of the contest gets a beer at Nats Park on me at the first game I attend after JimBow goes AMF. If I win, well, just having that change made is enough of a prize. Nats Town is gonna get a new mayor!

13 comments:

Brian said...

Wednesday is a solid choice for "leave of absence" day, it's the first day of spring training games and he can walk away and hope the actual games distract from the news.

I'm going to go against the grain and say he doesn't take a leave of absence and is fired on October 5 after another last place finish and a handful more mis-steps.

WFY said...

Leave of absence: Tuesday, Feb. 24
Firing: Friday, March 6

Anonymous said...

Today! Today!! Okay, I'm just very hopeful. I'll go out on a limb and be optimistic, since I'm supposed to have heart, and say fired this Friday, February 27th.

Where shall we have the party?

MikeHarris said...

If it happens this week and there is a party, I'm SO there.

Unknown said...

I'll take Thursday (2/26) as firing day.

JAB said...

Heck, if you take Ash Wednesday for the leave of absence, why not just stick with the theme and take Good Friday for the firing? Dibs on April 10! Hopefully though that wouldn't mean a prompt rehiring Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the skunk at the garden party, but I think JimBow will explain this federal investigation thing away for a bit.

Leave of absence: the eve of the season opener
Firing: The Sunday before the All-Star break begins

Wil Nieves said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is still with the Nats next offseason.

JayB said...

Jimbo will not take a leave of absence....no way...he would rather negative attention then no attention at all.......I think if Stan can not get him fired by July 4th then Stan resigns the day after the season ends. Stan has some pride after all I say fired on April 1st, he is a fool after all.

MikeHarris said...

That's my daughter's birthday - what a fine present that would be. She got Zimmerman's HR for her birthday last year.

An Briosca Mor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Having heard murmurs that the Lerners have become disenamored of Bowden makes it far less likely to me that he will hang on for any period of time.

In fact, I think we can skip the LOA and just go with COB Friday 2/27 as the parting of the ways.

Anonymous said...

Never. JimBo works cheap. Lerners like that. He stays.