Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Monday, August 11, 2008

Signings?

Day baseball makes for great background noise. Unfortunately, sometimes work gets in the way. Did I just hear something about lots of draft picks signing?
I know only 9,000 people watch and it is probably fewer during the work day. I'm hoping one of them is a reader and can fill us in. I just did a quick check of some Web sites and didn't see anything.

UPDATE: Just found this at NatsFarmAuthority and this at Nats320. So Crow is the only one among the top 5 not yet signed. Does he get signed? And, as I noted in the comments, can some of these guys play this week? Not that today's game is frustrating me or anything.

I did take a break from some writing I'm doing to watch the Nats not score with the bases loaded and nobody out.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Will this game please end? I swear this team is determined to kill me before my 55th birthday. Or my 53rd. The buzz is about gone, the NewNationals are too much like the old Nationals. That's not terribly fair, I know. The NewNationals included Gonzalez, now apparently bound (shocker!) for the DL.

3 comments:

Screech's Best Friend said...

Espinosa and Hicks were signed. The 3rd and 4th Round Picks. Aaron Crow to go.

MikeHarris said...

Thanks.
Now I guess the big question is: Does Crow get done?
And can these guys play this week??

Anonymous said...

Just saw a nice quote from Manny:
'We were swinging at David's pitches instead of having a better plan,' Acta said. 'We dug ourselves a big hole.'

Read as "Fire Lenny". One kid's hitting streak does NOT maketh the man.