Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Is it hockey season yet?

I moved to Richmond in 1974 to go to college and have lived in that area all my professional life. I'm 53 now and that was 35 years ago so I've lived the vast majority of my life outside the Washington area.

Yet whenever anybody asks where I'm from, I always say, "D.C."

Might change that now. Why, I'm from Richmond. A lifelong Richmonder, in fact. Never lived anywhere else.

First, while this is a baseball blog, I must ask: YOU DON'T GO FOR THE END ZONE ON FOURTH DOWN THERE? YOU REALLY THINK A RAZZLE DAZZLE IS GOING TO WORK?

My eyes switch to the other TV just in time to see the Nats give up three in the top of the 10th. This after watching Willingham and Dukes look at strike three with runners on. Great pitches. Easy calls. Swing the damn bat.

Ah, yes, it is a great day to be from RICHMOND.

6 comments:

bdrube said...

I just wanted to comment on your poll. I am a DC-area transplant, coming here almost 20 years ago. I grew up a White Sox and Packers fan, but have since switched my loyalties to two local teams for which I am a season ticket holder.

My point is that the football team is the Ravens. They were among the worst teams in the league when they came here from Cleveland and I had to endure a LOT of bad football their first three years. Know what THEY did in season five? Won the Superbowl.

Enough said.

Mike said...

Hey, the Caps won this afternoon...

DoubleH said...

I was at Friday night's game and it was an embarrassment. I can forgive a lot if guys are trying and never really thought they were as bad as their record. Now, I'm not so sure.

Nattydread said...

Lordy. Nats & Skins.

The World Cup might be interesting next year.

Wil Nieves said...

I'm afraid you may have jinxed Dunn.

Sec 204 Row H Seat 7 said...

Gee, y'all give up too soon. The season ends Sunday, and the NATS have a date with the Braves to dash their stupid wild card dreams. Watching Desmond, Morse and Zim play is worth the price of admission. As for the CAPS, they should be okay but it is a long season.