Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, June 25, 2010

Nyjer

OK, that catch was ridonkulous. Great catch. I called my wife in from the other room to see it. We rewound and watched it again.

But here's what I like, cribbed straight from Ben Goessling's "Goessling Game" over at the MASN website: He is historically a much better hitter in the second half of the season. In April, May and June, Morgan has hit .275, .236 and .246, respectively. Those career numbers jump to .388, .315 and .323 in July, August and September.

That's a heck of a jump and I'm not enough of a psychologist to understand. Does he just wake up and go, "Dang, it's July. Time to get hot." Should he start spring training in December and be ready to go by April? One year of that kind of split is a fluke. Two is eyebrow raising. Three? That's a trend.

He's three for three tonight and I think he had two hits in the last game I saw.

Would it make a major difference if he gets hot? You think? He made a major difference when he arrived last year on offense and defense. No reason to think it wouldn't happen again.

Now as soon as Dunn hits this one out, I'm going to rewind and watch that catch again.

No comments: