Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A pleasant surprise

Two and A Half Men ended so I reached for the clicker. Is there anything on TV besides reality shows these days?
I zoom through the sports channels and hit MASN and, lo and behold, the Nats and Braves are on. I had no clue (par for the course). I settled into watch just as my son the Braves fan came home from his fishing outing. Just in time to see the Nats take the lead in the sixth.

Sure, it's a meaningless preseason game but few things in life give me more pleasure than seeing the Nats whip up on the Braves with His Nibs in the house. It happens a lot, as the 12-6 record last year will attest. He's already refusing to go the the home opener with me because of the picture on the ticket (I never get tired of THAT moment).

We're going to see the Braves and Nats in Atlanta the first weekend of the season. It's his Christmas present. Two of three there would be sweet. At least once, I want his punk ass to sing. When I buy tickets and Zimmerman homers against the Braves, he has to stand up and sing the U.Va. fight song. Loud and proud.

I put in a new house rule tonight when Dunn came up with two on. No talking during Dunn at-bats. Of course he looks at strike three - an obvious strike three - so I may have to rethink that one.

Have I told you lately that I love watching baseball?

(the commercial with Screech's Best Friend just came on. Way cool. WAY WAY cool. Those spots are much better than anything MASN has done the past two years. Next year, I'm nabbing one of those spots. I'll do one with Needham)

3 comments:

Shawn Fenner said...

Mike, I agree. I, also, never get sick of reliving "that" moment. Ryan Zimmerman will always have a special place in my heart after being at last year's opener. That was easily a top two or three sports moment for me. Congratulations, also, on your professional move.

Chris Needham said...

Two fat guys munching dribbling Hard Times down their bellies probably isn't going to draw the right kind of crowd.

Chris Needham said...

(pretend that was in English)

My captcha is 'inglys'. that's bizarre.