Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Thursday, March 19, 2009

What do they know that we don't?

Something's up with Shawn Hill, beyond what we've been hearing. As much as this is John Patterson-like, I don't believe the cases are THAT similar.
Do the Nats think they're so close to being a contender that they seriously can't take a chance and wait and see if someone with Hill's upside is OK?
Or do they know something the rest of us don't - yet? That's where you'll find my money.

Does Hill's release give my main man Gustavo a better shot? (EDIT: Guess not, since he got cut today)

Jorge, by the way, still doesn't have his visa. We elected a President quicker than he'll get that thing.

I also got further proof of my limited world outside the Nats yesterday. A pal asked what I thought about Joe Biemel or Beimel or whatever. Who? The Nats' new pitcher! Never heard of the dude. Looked up his stats and I wasn't blown away. I'm open to someone telling me I'm way wrong about that.

Yeah, I need to get out more.

Still in Philly, seems like I've been here a month and we're still nine hours from tip off. We found a sports bar not far from our hotel last night and watched some NIT and NBA games. Outsize the Wizards, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron and Dwyane Wade, I don't think I could name three NBA players.

Let's go Rams.

4 comments:

Craig said...

I never heard of that Beimel? guy either. Wouldn't suggest anyone runs out to buy his jersey. Unless your names happens to be Beimel, then it would be cool.

Nate said...

If it's any consolation, I'm sure Joe Beimel's never heard of you either.

MikeHarris said...

Naw! I'm sure he's all over this blog.

Anonymous said...

So close for the Rams! So damn close!