Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Because he asked so nicely

This blog generates more e-mail than I thought it would but much of it qualifies as spam. Every now and then, one of those e-mails actually resonates, as this one did. I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm going to pimp everything sent to me. Not gonna happen. But my man Stephen here is writing about something near and dear to my heart - the 1969 Senators - and I will buy a copy of this book.
Be forewarned Stephen: I will review it, too, so it best not suck!

Dear Mr. Harris,
Despite the self-deprecating title of your blog, I like it's perspective and your comments on the Nats 320 blog as well.

I wanted to let you know that my first book, "A Whole New Ballgame: The 1969 Washington Senators", by Stephen J. Walker, published by Pocol Press, will be available for purchase from the publisher’s web site www.pocolpress.com-- in mid-April. It is not available from bookstores, but will eventually be listed on amazon.com.

Here is a direct link to the publisher’s ordering web page: http://pocolpress.com/getBookDetail.php?bookID=000040
Those interested may also order the book by mail. The publisher’s address is Pocol Press, Box 411, Clifton, VA, 20124-1333.
Pocol Press may be contacted by phone at 703-830-5852; e-mail is chrisandtom at erols.com.
More information on the book and the 1969 Senators is at my blog site www.stephenjwalker.com

I've attached a flier and press release with additional information.

I'd be grateful if you could mention the book on your site.

Yours in the love of the national pastime in the Nation' s Capital,

Steve

-
On another note, I read Chico the Writer's story today on Mike Rizzo and I like the fact that Rizzo sees himself as a GM and not one of the boys. The GM is not one of the boys. He/she is the GM. But of bigger note to me is that Joe Beimel's agent is Joe Sroba of good old Richmond, Va. Had many dealings with Joe S. over the years and those who think all agents are out of the Boras mold need to spend some time with Joe. A fine guy and Mr. Beimel is in good hands. I like him better already even if I still don't know much of anything about him.

Only a couple of days to vote on my first poll. Vote early and often. We'll discuss the results later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Mr. Walker opening day last year. I was in aw of both his knowledge and Zimmerman's homer. A good night all a round.

Dave P.