Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Saturday, April 17, 2010

DH Day

That's DH as in doubleheader.

I never thought I'd see the day any time soon when I was more confident about the Nats' chances than I was about the Caps' chances. I'll be there live for both events today, putting the pressure on those teams to keep me unbeaten in 2010.

The fine folks at MASN are doing a repeat of their successful Bloggers' Day and I'll thank them in advance for the invitation. My kind doesn't get to hang in the suites too often so I figured I should take advantage. Don't worry. I'll be on my best behavior and won't embarrass the blogging community.

Last year's event was very well done. We got to see the production truck, meet some of the key people and spend some time with each other. The only blemish was the Phillies were in town and Raul Ibanez hit a home run every time up.

This year's Nats are 2-4 against the Phillies and 3-1 against the rest of the world. The only solution is to stop scheduling Philadelphia.

It is very nice of Ryan Zimmerman to make his return to the lineup with all the bloggers in the house.

Afterward, I'm changing shirts and heading over to whatever they call the MCI Center these days. Last time I was there, I can't tell you who was coaching the Caps. Olie Kolzig was in goal. He beat Philadelphia 2-1 in the final game before the trading deadline and got a huge roar because everyone figured he'd be moved. He wasn't. I don't think I can name another Cap who played that night. A bunch were traded after that game. I'm pretty sure it was early March, 2004.

I tore the house apart to find the only red shirt I own that doesn't have a Nationals logo. I hope it still fits. Can't go to the WhateverCenter if I'm not rocking the red.

I'm very eager to see Alex Ovechkin live. I hope he takes a shot.

5 comments:

Deez Nats said...

I thought you weren't going to any more Nats games this year so you could have an undefeated season?

MikeHarris said...

OK, so I lied. That was the plan - until MASN opened up the suite. Can't turn that down. Plus this team is just so good this year it can overcome me. They even beat the Phillies with me there.

BinM said...

Mike: The Nationals won, so you can still retire undefeated for the year. However, if the Caps win tonight, you have to be in 'the phone booth' for the rest of the run.

Anonymous said...

The Verizon Center is universally known as the Phone Booth, just so you know.

Nervous Nats Fan said...

Two things:
1) We need a full recap of your big day. Looks like it was awesome.
2) How many items of Nats apparel do you own? I remember you did a recap last season, but how much have you acquired since?