Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Acta-Dukes?


Chico (the writer) makes mention briefly in his game story and I got an e-mail from a guy I know on the Pirates' TV crew. But I didn't see anything.
What happened between Acta and Dukes?

UPDATE - Just saw a clip thanks to great work at NationalsEnquirer.com and it doesn't look good. Hasn't Dukes been suspended at least once for five straight seasons? Interesting to see if this gets it up to six and if this fits into the zero tolerance policy.

UPDATE AGAIN (you can tell how I've spent my morning) - The Washington Times hits it pretty well in the game story today - the former sports editor in me says this is a very well done story that mixes the incident and the game nicely. Interesting that the Nats didn't make Dukes "available" after the game. Afraid he'd pop off, I guess. You can't hide the guy forever.
UPDATE AGAIN - Nationals.com finally weighs in with something and I call b.s. on the handshake thing. Why would Acta not want to shake Dukes' hand afterward? It just don't smell right, dig?

I don't know what bothers me more, the shouting or the high school horsecrap in the postgame high five line. I don't like this whole deal.

Is Maxwell healthy yet?

2 comments:

WFY said...

This is a really tough spot for the team. How does showing up the manager go over in a zero tolerance environment? I suspect he stays, perhaps with a benching for a game or two.

Can you imagine what Frank Robinson would have done in this situation?

MikeHarris said...

Frank likely would have kicked his ass.
The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. This is a guy who should be kissing the ground every day and saying thanks for the wonderful opportunity to play major league baseball.