Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Am I crazy?

I don't mean in general. We know the answer to that is yes.
I mean about that error on the stolen base last night.
My love for Flores and my lack of love for FLop clouds my judgment. I'm well aware the error had to be charged to Flores. The throw did bounce before it got to Lopez.
However *** watching the replay, it looked to me like it should have been caught. And, if it had, Figgins is out.

Also, is anyone surprised by the "news" that Nick Johnson is likely done for the year? UPDATE - done for the year says the latest Nationals Journal. Sad but not surprising.

To come later: Another look at the trade with the Reds and a bet you would have taken in the spring (and lost your ass on).

3 comments:

Chris Needham said...

I was emailing back and forth with a friend during that fateful inning. That was my immediate reaction too. I don't think he'd have been out, but that's a ball that the 2B HAS to knock down.

Anonymous said...

How about a piece titled : Shawn Hill - Don't hold your breathe.

MikeHarris said...

I just posted a thought or two about the statue playing first.