Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thinking out loud

before running some errands and heading back to Nationals Park (which is lovely but no Safeco):

*I kind of bookmarked this Texas series all along to see if Patterson came back and pitched against the Nats. Of course, he's been an ex-Ranger for a while now, released in May after experiencing soreness in the forearm. Shocker. Far as I can tell with minimal research, no one has picked him up. Is Shawn Hill just a Patterson who at least sacks up and pitches? I sense the two are very different mentally.

*Mock in, Langerhans out. Too bad. I wish Langerhans could hit just a smidge. I think I've posted before the story that made the rounds in Atlanta - Schuerholz finally traded Langerhans because that was the only way to get Cox to stop playing him. Great guy, great teammate, great defensive player - can't hit.

*Is this lineup realistic after the All-Star break: Guzman (6), Dukes (7), Zimmerman (5), Johnson (3), Milledge (8), Flores (2), Kearns (9), Lopez/Belliard (4), pitcher? Probably not. A guy can still hope, right? I don't see Zimmerman and Johnson back that soon if at all. Until all is well health wise, I'm still very much in favor of Daniel in left and Montz at first.

*Who is your all-star? Guzman is my guess but Rauch has to get some love. I said early in June he'd be tough to ignore with 20 saves but this team doesn't win enough to get him to 20. I wouldn't rule out Flores, either, if that average stays above the .300 mark but that is clearly just the Fanboy Looser in me talking.

*Dukes is really growing on me as a player and I'm really trying - honest - to get past all that other stuff. We're not there yet. We are trying.

*Heard a rumor in my town yesterday that I find interesting though totally unsubstantiated thus far. The Nats' Class A team could be here instead of Woodbridge next season. I'd like that. I'm not a AAA snob. I'd be perfectly happy with any Nats affiliate including rookie ball. I'd not heard that there's any dissatisfaction with Potomac, so this rumor could well be just a bunch of hooey. Lots of rumors round here as the Braves prepare to take their asses out of town.

3 comments:

Chris Needham said...

Last I read, I think Patterson was going to take the rest of the season off to 'heal'.

MikeHarris said...

Hmmm. Where have we heard that storyline before?

WFY said...

I thought a new park in Prince William for the P-Nats was pretty close to be being finalized.