Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh (bleep)

Just wonderful news to wake up to this a.m., Zimmerman to the DL. They don't plan on actually playing Casto, do they?

To quote a Dr. Seuss book, I do not like this. I do not like this one little bit.

I'll add this: Fix it right, whatever it takes, even if it means missing a huge chunk of the season. I think we're safe in saying a playoff spot is out of the question. So do not bring the Face of the Franchise back one second before he's 100 percent. Take no chances.

And get him signed while he's out. It isn't his signing shoulder that's injured.

The Nationals.com version has the tidbit that Nick Johnson has had a setback in his recovery. I wish I could say I'm shocked. I love Nick but the poor guy is a "double" with every injury it seems - it takes him double the time it should to get back.

This is five from the Opening Day lineup on the DL, right? LoDuca, Johnson, Belliard, Zimmerman and Kearns?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Applying Darwinian Theory, Zimmerman will be back (young, strong, talented) and the others …well…there are nice tours to the Galápagos Islands these days. Hmmm…there might be more of JimBow’s acquisitions that might belong on that tour….

Unknown said...

I called it the other day in my blog. Not that I did incredibly happily, though.

This is where we'll see if Casto is going to be a future Aaron Boone or if he's going to be a future Rob Mackowiak or if he's going to be a future Billy Beane.

MikeHarris said...

Is Orr hurt?

Unknown said...

Orr looks like he came back from injury on May 27 (according to his MiLB.com game logs here: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Pete%20Orr&pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=434681)

Problem is, he's hitting .192 since his return.