Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thank you Tony

Mercy is a wonderful thing. Thank you Tony LaRussa for starting this no-talent hack tonight so the Nationals could bash the sheet out of just about everything he throws up there.
Even Dukes is killing the ball.
Casto does look good. Maybe this is the Casto we heard so much about, eh? How nice would that be?

UPDATE - They're not going to funk this up, are they? The BP pitcher is out of there so there's no guarantee the Nats get any more runs. Five RBI by two opposing pitchers. It's never easy, is it?

UPDATE2 - Could someone pay Milledge to ground into single plays? Tell him we don't want home runs. We'll settle for just one out. And let me add that I'm still far from a Dukes fan but I am becoming convinced he's a pretty good defensive player.

UPDATE3 - You HAVE to be kidding me. No wonder I have ulcers. My dogs have left the room. They fear the coming explosion.

UPDATE4 - HELL YEAH! I promise, right here in front of the world, that I will not give Elijah Dukes grief for a week. Great at-bat and he crushed that ball. Great game for Dukes at the plate and in the field. Heck, 10 days with no grief.

Oh, if anybody snagged a spare Zimmerman bobblehead and wants to be my b.f.f, holler. I'm watching several on eBay - how did one guy get about 10 up there earlier in the week? - but fear they'll go too high. I love the boy but I'm not paying 35 bones for his bobbling likeness.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Larry a pay rise!

MikeHarris said...

Lenny, too??

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got so excited that I forgot the idiots name!

MikeHarris said...

I get that way myself sometimes.
Dukes hits one out here, I may get so excited that I babble incoherently the rest of my life.

Anonymous said...

I think Dukes in 2 could be good. It's only 1 game, but he does seem to love the fastball. Not so sure about LM in at 3 though. Maybe once Zimm is back it will work even better.

MikeHarris said...

I'm about to die. Just want to get that on the record here.

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous...I hate supporting these guys.

MikeHarris said...

They don't make it easy.

Anonymous said...

I am on gameday, so I might be behind, but I can see a game ending LM GIDP coming!

Anonymous said...

NO WAY.... I've got to wait for the video to load, but that's gotta be good for the kid!

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Charley Pride: EEEEELLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIJAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeHarris said...

It was quite the majestic shot. I loved his reaction after he hit it. The cynic in me could say 'bout damn time but I will refrain and just enjoy.

Unknown said...

Game of his mlb career for Dukes, including some stellar work in the field.

I was at the game with someone who likes baseball but had never heard of Dukes. It was an interesting journey for her from not knowing of him, to loving him, to hating him, to hating.

Stadium didn't seem empty at all inside; felt like a big crowd.

Unknown said...

Clint gave a few BobbleZims out at the game on Tuesday on the big screen...probably came from there.