Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Thursday, May 29, 2008

He is?

From a story on Nationals.com:

Lastings Milledge is tied with Guzman for the team lead with 20 RBIs.

Really? Zimmerman's 27 don't count? Nick Johnson also has 20. I guess they meant tied for the team lead among healthy players.

Also, did Milledge do something hot-dogish last night? I ask because while drifting in and out of sleep while listening to XM, one of the Padres announcers was hammering him for being a showboat. I couldn't tell if something specific happened or he was talking about Milledge's alleged misdeeds with the Mets (which is my guess). Said something about his teammates not liking it and he hadn't earned the right to do that. I haven't seen any sign of it in the times I've watched this season.

7 comments:

Dave Nichols said...

Milledge did pause for a millisecond to watch his upper tank shot fly before getting out of the box. he did one of those extended-follow-through-linger-for-a-moment things that A-Rod ALWAYS does but never gets called out for.

not enough to throw inside to him next time though.

Anonymous said...

he also got a "hand off" from tolman again while rounding third.

sounds a lot worse than it looks, but i'm sure traditionalists hate this sort of thing.

Unknown said...

They're tied among black players.

Milledge manufactured a run in the 4th (I blogged about it) by bunting for a base hit, stealing second and third and scoring on Dukes' sac fly. He redeemed himself of any "showboating" that he did last night (although, like Dave and Seamus said above me, it was nowhere close to anything bad).

Steven said...

Milledge is just a confident, talented, young black man who makes eye contact with white people. To some, that will always mean he doesn't know his place.

I say give em hell Milledge. I'll be in the $5 seats anytime you wanna come give me a high five.

MikeHarris said...

I saw the replay of the home run today. If that's showboating *** Lord.
I go back to the profile in Sports Illustrated I posted about last week. Milledge comes off as a likeable kid. I'll take a high five, too, if he wants to haul it all the way up to Section 420. You pretty much have to book a flight.

Anonymous said...

Fire Lenny.

Please note, I may write this and only this in any further posts. My wife said I woke up screaming "FIRE LENNY" last night. Sorry in advance.

Anonymous said...

Fire Lenny.

Please note, I may write this and only this in any further posts. My wife said I woke up screaming "FIRE LENNY" last night. Sorry in advance.