Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whew!

These one-run games are going to be the death of me. I'm too old for this.
A couple of quick things:
*When I write what I don't like about the pitching, Lannan will not be included. I like him more every time I see him. I'll even forgive him that bad day against Atlanta when I had to sit next to an obnoxious Braves fan.
*I think Tolman crosses the thin line between aggressive and stupid too often but I don't blame him for getting Dukes tossed out at the plate. I blame Dukes for a bad slide. Watch it closely if you get a chance. On a bang-bang play, you have to make the extra effort to extend some body part toward home plate, like Flores did recently. Perhaps Dukes had textbook form on that slide but the leg back gets you tagged out when you could have been safe. Reach for the plate like it means something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice game from Lannan.

Did anyone hear Carpenter imply that Young was more of an offensive force than Johnson? No offense to Young, but I don't think Carpenter could be more wrong.

MikeHarris said...

I did not hear that but let's hope he meant the way Johnson has been hitting recently and not in general.

Anonymous said...

I think it was during Young's third at-bat. It was something to the effect that he thought having Young hitting behind Zimmerman was already having a positive effect on Zim's hitting because of the way Johnson had been hitting. Even though Johnson has been struggling with his average, I'm not sure I buy it. Perhaps someone else has a better memory than I do.

I wonder if Kearns' elbow will land him on the DL and give the team a chance to see what Langerhans

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to be what Langerhans can do. Sorry about that.

MikeHarris said...

I know one thing Langerhans (or anyone) can't do - and that's be worse.