Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just like old times - unfortunately

Night games on the West Coast kill an old bastard like me. I'm usually asleep shortly after the final pitch on East Coast games.
Last night, I managed to stay up and watch the first two innings before fading. I set up the sleep timer on the ol' XM clock radio next to the bed and listened to 2-3 more innings before Z-time took over.

When I was a kid, I'd fall asleep listening to Dan Daniel and that other dude do Senators games. I'd rush downstairs and head outside to get the papers (this was part of the reason I got into newspapers, I thought that kind of job was just so cool. Joke was on me).

I'd race back inside, rip out the sports section *** and frown because the Senators usually lost.

I don't race outside anymore. I boot up. The reaction is usually the same. Well, at least I saw both runs.

No comments: