Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good Lord - you go Ray!

Anyone watching pregame? Ray Knight just earned a lifetime supply of bonus points from me.

Knight essentially said he'd kick Elijah Dukes' ass.

"He and I would probably tie up."

Said someone in there has to be stronger than Dukes, either the manager or a captain or another player. Go tell him what's what and if he hits you, hit 'em in the mouth.

I get the sense that Ray is extremely unimpressed with what's going on right now. He did NOT say this, let's be clear, but I also get the idea that he is extremely unimpressed with the lack of leadership - which comes right down on the manager.

Ray vs. Elijah. I'd buy a ticket. And I'd put my money on Ray.

4 comments:

Chris Needham said...

Elijah effed up a play, but singling him out as the problem is a bit nutty.

He plays as hard as any other player on the team, typically.

MikeHarris said...

No argument there - I think it is a question of attitude rather than ability or effort. He has massive skills and he usually plays hard. He still carries that 'tude around, apparently in the clubhouse as well as on the field.

Whatever. I just like the idea of Ray basically saying, "Bring it!"

CoverageisLacking said...

I saw it--sounded to me like Ray is campaigning for a new job.

Between Manny's comments about Dukes and St. Claire's comments about Cabrera (reported by Chico), it really seems to me like the coaching staff has lost the players.

George Templeton said...

At least a win today can shelve the bad talk and feelings for a day.